๑۩۞۩๑ A N Z O T I K A ๑۩۞۩๑
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raise your voice against Israel and everyone who protects these criminals, because we all have that right. The right to freedom, the right to life, and the right to choose. No one has the right to silence us!

HomePortalLatest imagesTražiRegistracijaLogin

THE MOON AND THE LUCK IT BRINGS

Go down 
AutorPoruka
Donaton
Admin
Donaton

Broj komentara : 4493
Mjesto : The pen is mightier than the sword!

THE MOON AND THE LUCK IT BRINGS Empty
KomentarNaslov komentara: THE MOON AND THE LUCK IT BRINGS   THE MOON AND THE LUCK IT BRINGS EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 5:03 am

People of all ages have looked upon the moon as a provider of good and bad luck, and most of us have probably noticed it has influenced our actions, at times. Here are some pf the beliefs that are centuries old.

If you see a new moon over your right shoulder, it means that you will experience good luck all the month.

If you have money in your pocket and you meet the new moon face to face, turn the money over and you will no trun short of money that month.

It is unlucky to see the new moon  through glass. If you do, go out of doors, curtsey three times to the moon and turn some silver in your hand. This will break the spell which be cast over you if you do not do as directed. There is one little point, connected with this superstition, which has set us thinking. What of all those individuals who wear glasses? We do not know the answer.

There is a strongly prevalent idea that everything falling to the lot of man when the moon waxing will increase or prosper; but things decrease and do not prosper when the moon is on the wane.

If the full moon known as the Harvest Moon appears watery, it i san ill sign for the harvest. (The Harvest Moon is due about the middle of September.)

If the moon shows a silver shield, be not afraid to reap your field: but if she rises haloed round, soon we'll tread on deluged ground.

If the moon changes on a Sunday there will be a flood before the month is out.

A Saturday moon, i fit comes once in seven years, comes too soon. A fog and a small moon bring an easterly wind soon. In the waning of the moon, Cloudy morning: fair afternoon. Pale moon doth rain; red moon doth blow, White moon doth neither rain nor snow. When the moon's halo is far, the storm is near. When the moon's halo stile, the storm is far. Is has long been a custom for girls to go to nearest stile, to turn their back on the first new moon after Midsummer and to chant these verses: All hail, new moon, all hail to thee. I prithee, good moon, reveal to me, This night, who shall my true love be. Who he is and what he wears, And what he does all months and years.

Irish colleens were wont to drop on their knees when they first caught sight of the new moon, and say: „Oh, moon, leave us as well as you have found us.“ And, long ago, Yorkshire maidens „did workship the new moon on their bent knees, kneeling upon the earth-cast stone.“

The first, second and third days of the moon's age are lucky for buying and selling; the seventh, ninth and eleventh are lucky for engagements and marriage; the sixteenth and twenty-first are not lucky for anything.
Na vrh Go down
Donaton
Admin
Donaton

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: THE MOON AND THE LUCK IT BRINGS   THE MOON AND THE LUCK IT BRINGS EmptySat Dec 02, 2023 7:05 pm

Upon seeing the New Moon, bow to her and turn over the silver or coins in your pocket. This will bring you luck in all your affairs.

Some farmers still believe that crops sown near a Full Moon will be ready for harvest a month earlier than crops sown during a waxing Moon.

Cornish tin miners had some very interesting ideas about the Moon. One of these said that if you a piece of tin ina n ant hill near a certain phase of the Moon (unspecified), it would turn into silver.

When the Moon is New, braid your hair or some kind of string while saying:

I braid this knot, this knot I braid,
To know the thing I know not yet,
That while I sleep I plain may see
The man (woman) that shall husband (wife) be,
Not in his (her) best but worst array,
Just what he (she) weareht every day,
That I tomorrow may him (her) ken
From among all other man.

Pick some yarrow at the time of the New Moon. Put it under your pillow and say before going to sleep:

Good night, fair yarrow,
Thrice good night to thee.
I hope before tomorrow's dawn
My true love I shall see.

Look at a New Moon and say:

New Moon, New Moon, do tell me
Who my own true love ris to be.
The color of his (her) hair,
The clothes that he (she) will wear,
And on what day he (she) shall appear.

To remove a wart, find an ash tree and go there under a Full Moon. Rub the wart lightly against the ash and say:

Ash tree, ash tree,
Pray buy this wart of me.

Leave a gift, such as a little ginger or milk, at the base of the tree.

If the Moon shows a silver shield (ring)
Be not afraid to reap your field.

I see the Moon
And the Moon sees me.
Goddess bless the Moon,
And Goddess bless me.
Na vrh Go down
Donaton
Admin
Donaton

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: THE MOON AND THE LUCK IT BRINGS   THE MOON AND THE LUCK IT BRINGS EmptySat Dec 02, 2023 7:30 pm

If the New Moon is seen for the first time straight ahead, it predicts good fortune until the next New Moon.

If there are two Moons (two New or two Full) in the same month, the weather will be unfavorable and unsettled until the next New Moon.

Wood cut at the New Moon is hard to split. If it is cut at the Full Moon it is easy to split.

If you suffer from corns, cut them during the waning Moon and they will disappear for good.

Grass crops should be sown at the Full Moon. Then the hay will dry quickly.

In Wales, fishermen avoid the Moon line, or the moonlight showing on the water, when setting out to sea; they consider crossing this bad luck. However, in other areas they say to make a wish when crossing the Moon line.
Na vrh Go down
Sponsored content

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: THE MOON AND THE LUCK IT BRINGS   THE MOON AND THE LUCK IT BRINGS Empty

Na vrh Go down

THE MOON AND THE LUCK IT BRINGS
Na vrh 
Stranica 1/1